Please log in to subscribe to updates for this article
Last updated at Tue Apr 07 00:09, by Shadowfury
Welcome to the Shadowfury Android Apps page! ⇑ topThis page is designed to help deliver information about Shadowfury apps to app users. In addition, it provides a means for app users to provide feedback on issues, features, and suggestions so I can make my apps as useful as possible for everyone that uses them.
About the Developer ⇑ topI am a one-man team that works on developing Android apps primarily as a hobby. I graduated college with a bachelor's degree in Computer Science but found a job in hardware/networking rather than in programming. So I use some of my free time programming various projects in order to keep my skills sharp and to learn more about various programming platforms. This page is focused primarily on Android apps, but I also work on projects on other platforms (Win32 and Web) as well.
The apps I deliver are mostly projects I developed because I personally wanted my phone/tablet to do something specific and could not find an app on the Play Store that met my requirements. If I think the final product would be useful to other people, I release it on the Play Store so everyone can benefit from my efforts.
Costs ⇑ topDeveloping Android applications does cost me money:
- Cost for Android development platforms ($99 - I've started migrating to the new IntelliJ/Android Studio platform, but older versions of apps are developed in Basic4Android)
- Cost for a Google Play storefront ($25)
- Cost for web domain and web hosting ($20/year)
- Cost for a secure web hosting certificate ($15/year - allows users to log in securely to this site, coming soon when I can afford it)
For Users ⇑ top
New Features ⇑ topHave an idea for a new feature that is not currently available in the app? As I said, I originally developed these apps because I wanted a feature I couldn't find elsewhere. If my app comes close to meeting your needs, but you'd like to see it tweaked in some way, let me know! I'll do my best to make these apps as feature rich as my users want them to be. To request new features, use the Issues buttons below.
Testing ⇑ topBecause I am mostly doing this in my free time, some of my releases are bound to have bugs. I do the best I can to test apps on the devices I have available to me, but I simply don't have the resource to test every app in every possible situation. As some of my apps gain in popularity, I would very much like to start a beta release channel for new features and capabilities. More information on this coming soon, but if you are interested in helping to beta test new features, please let me know.
My Devices ⇑ topThis is a list of devices I currently test my apps on:
- Nexus 10 (stock Android 5.1.0)
- Nexus 7 (stock Android 5.1.0) -- Both 2012 and 2013 versions
- HTC M8 (stock Android 5.0.1 with HTC Sense 6.0)
- HTC Droid DNA (stock Android 4.1.2 with HTC Sense 5.0)
- HTC Rezound (stock Android 4.0.3 with HTC Sense 3.6)
- Motorola DroidX (stock Android 2.3.4)
- HTC Touch Pro 2 (running FRX07.1 Android 2.2.2)