Please log in to subscribe to updates for this article
Last updated at Fri Jun 05 03:38, by Shadowfury
Having Problems With This App? ⇑ topNot to fear, I am constantly updating the app and fixing bugs/issues users encounter. Let me know if you are having trouble with this app, and I will do my best to correct the issue. This is a "free time" project for me, and most issues users encounter are with irregular events (I had a user who could not sync an event with 800K+ attendees). I can't fix your problem unless you let me know about it!
Please Visit the new support page on Facebook.
If you are submitting a bug report, please provide links to problematic Facebook events whenever possible. Also, the app now includes the ability to e-mail logcat and calendar.db debugging files. Sending me these files will make it much easier for me to troubleshoot issues you might be having. That way, I can look into the issues you are having on your devices that I am not having on mine.
To send log and calendar files, go to Android settings -> Accounts and Sync -> Facebook Calendar Sync -> Debug Tools
e-mail debugging logs and files to email@example.com
I appreciate your help in making this app as good as I possibly can!
How to report an issue ⇑ topIf you are having an issue with this app, please follow the steps below:
The app is not syncing events or birthdays like it should ⇑ topAndroid's logging system clears out old log file entries very quickly, so please make sure you force a manual sync immediately before sending in your log file.
You can force a manual sync from your calendar app. Open up your calendar, and most apps will allow you to do one of the following:
- From the menu at the top right, select the option to either "sync" or "refresh"
- Swipe down on the calendar view to start a refresh
I have found a bug / the app doesn't work like it should ⇑ top
- Perform all the steps it takes to reproduce the bug. For instance, if Facebook login is failing, please try logging in again immediately before sending logs.
- Go to Android Settings -> Accounts & Sync -> Facebook Calendar Sync - Debug Tools
- Select e-Mail logcat to send a log file to the developer
- Send the logcat to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the new support page on Facebook
Log in, Authentication issues? ⇑ topPlease check https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=applications and ensure that the app "Android Calendar Sync" has the following permissions:
This app needs
- Public profile (required)
- Friend list
- Email address
I wish the app had a feature that it does not (I wish it did something it doesn't, wish it didn't do something it does) ⇑ top
- Visit the new support page on Facebook and submit your feature request or enhancement request