Please log in to subscribe to updates for this article
Last updated at Tue May 19 23:19, by Shadowfury
Getting Started Guide ⇑ top
Installation and New Account Setup ⇑ top
- Download and install the app from the Google Play Store Facebook Calendar Sync - Google Play Store
- After the app is installed, open the app from the launcher
- You will see three lines of red text, indicating the steps you need to complete to set up your account.
- Click on the "Add Account" button. You will see a list of account types you can add; select Facebook Calendar Sync.
- If you are logged into your Facebook account, a new Facebook Calendar Sync Account will automatically be created based on your logged in credentials. You may be prompted by the Facebook app to log in or confirm the requested permissions.
- From the main app screen, click the "Set Birthday Sync" button. You may be asked to log into Facebook again.
- After setting up birthdays, you will need to either manually sync, or wait until the next automatic sync before birthdays will appear in the calendar. If you wish to manually sync, please go to your calendar app and force a refresh. In the default Google Calendar app, you can force a manual sync by selecting "Refresh" from the menu at the top right of the screen.
Setting Up Your Calendars ⇑ top
- Once you have set up your account, the app will request that Android start the sync process.
- The sync may take a minute or two to start the first time, and may take a minute or so to complete, depending on your device and Android version.
- Once complete, the app will set up 5 calendars on your device.
- These five calendars will be available to your choice of calendar apps on your device. The default Android Calendar app or any other app that implements Android's CalendarProvider will display the calendars.
- To hide events with a particular RSVP status (e.g. hide events I have declined), simply choose not to display the calendars from within your calendar app (More Info).
- You should also be able to turn off calendar syncing for individual calendars from within your calendar app (More Info).
Additional Settings ⇑ topYou can use the "App Settings" button from the main app screen to access additional settings. Some options available:
- Choose how often to sync, and whether to sync when not connected to wifi
- Set default reminders for events that are synced from Facebook